A System Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day system management of the security infrastructure. This infrastructure is used 24x7 to monitor and management the security of our customers. You will stay on top of recent system administration developments, work as part of a team of other System Engineers handling automation, configuration, deployment, patching, backups, auditing, and other such tasks. As system engineer you need to interact on a daily basis with other departments like development and the operational team.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science / MIS field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of Linux\Unix administration experience, including the security aspects of these operating systems
- Good knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, routing)
- Capable and willing to acquire in-depth knowledge of open source and proprietary software which is used to deliver service to our customers.
- Experience with scripting (Unix shell scripts, Perl, python, etc.)
- Knowledge of SSH, NFS, DNS, LDAP, Kerberos and other commonly used protocols in system administration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow strict procedures and be disciplined in installation, documentation, event handling, and change control
- Ability to work occasional off hours as well as part of a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly as needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external users and customers
- Ability to obtain a US government clearance
- Experience with enterprise virtualization products (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Experience with IT automation products (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data OSS products (Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Flume, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise storage products (NetApp, EMC, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.